Saturday, March 14, 2009

mugs and flat bottles

I worked on some porcelain mugs this week. It's a new form for me so I had to play around with the handles a bit. They'll be part of a registry for some friends which I'm have a great time working on. With the plates and bowls they want uneven, organic, undulating shapes and bright color accents. So it's pushing me to try some things I've never really done, but have always wanted to. I'll keep posting updates.
Below are some slab bottles that I made in January up at Malcolm Wright's studio. I'm please with the way they turned out so far, they probably won't get fired until this summer so they're just hanging out for now. Three of them received white slip and will get some stencil decoration. The other one got some sprigs and will get the temoku dunk.


No comments: